5.20.2010

Lists Galore! Most Recommended, Favorite Dishes, and To-Eat

Sometimes I make listsPersonalized Google Maps, library wishlists, and all of that jazz.  Below are some lists that may make it easier to narrow down your dining options.  I'll intersperse the pictures relevant to the list IN BETWEEN as not to disrupt the sanctity of the list.  The first rule of listmaking is that we don't talk about listmaking.  Wait, no, wrong movie.


Let me know what you would add!  I somehow ended up with 9 for the first two.  And also, because I love you, all of the To Do list restaurants have links to the web sites.


9 Frequently Frequented (and Recommended)
2 Amys
Cafe Atlantico
Corduroy
Palena (if you don't get the fry plate and roasted chicken, lie to me and tell me that you did)
Poste
Ray's Hell-Burger
Ray's the Steaks
Vermilion
Zola

 Ravioli at Cafe Atlantico
 
9 Favorite Dishes of the Past Year
These are my favorites from this past year, where I look back and say WOW.  That was interesting, and delicious, and I want to do it again. I'll break it down by meal.

Brunch
Smoked brisket hash at South Congress Cafe - Austin, TX

Starters
Shiitake veloute at Volt 
Pea and parmesan soup at J&G Steakhouse
Conch fritters at Cafe Atlantico
Lamb meatball sliders from Zola

Lunch 
Turkey salad sandwich at Jetties

Dinner
PIZZA at DiFara's Pizza - Brooklyn, NY
Cavatelli with rabbit ragu and fava beans at B&B Ristorante (ok, barely a year ago!) in Las Vegas
Ripieno basilico from 2 Amys  (most recently consumed in March.  Before that, December.)

Brisket hash at South Congress Cafe

Turkey salad sandwich at Jetties

On My To-Do List (excluding places where we have pending  reservations):
Againn
Black Market Bistro
Café Green (their web site makes weird things happen to my computer, I don't like it)
Café India
Cava
CommonWealth Gastropub
CityZen
Eatonville
Eola
Ethopic
Granville Moore’s
Kushi
La Ferme Restaurant
Los Cuates
Masa 14
minibar
Obelisk
Oyamel (for brunch - been for dinner, want the migas)
Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza (Ten-Frien, I'm looking at you!)
Potenza
Spices
Surfside (J has been THREE TIMES. WTH)
Sweetgreen (what?! I’ve never had a salad from Sweetgreen. Only fro yo. I want it!)
Tabard Inn
Taylor Gourmet
The Inn at Little Washington (special occasion, where are you?)
Vinoteca
Westend Bistro

3 comments:

  1. This is such a kick-ass list! Good work! We still need to go to Palena, Corduroy (I've been, but Mark hasn't), Vermillion, and Ray's the Steaks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are singing right to my list and spreadsheet-loving heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I see Surfside & the new Pete's in my near future because they are (and will be) close by. Lists are the bomb - especially if on a Google Spreadsheet with several collaborators. NICE.

    ReplyDelete