4.20.2009

2 Amys

The end of Passover was blissful. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about eating the bread of affliction and thanking everybody who could have possibly been involved in getting my ancestors out of slavery in Egypt, but matzah leaves much to be desired.

So for the second year in a row, we noted (not celebrated) the holiday's end by eating at 2 Amys. Check out my last post to read a more colorful description of 2 Amys background (certified by a Neopolitan pizza association, the definition of ripieno, etc).

We had BEER. I had Bells Kalamazoo Stout (I liked it a lot, but I wanted it to be a little colder...if possible), and J had the Hitachino Nest White Ale--I love the cutie patootie owl on the bottle, and it was DELICIOUS. Sort of sweet, but not in a gross way. A really refreshing Belgian-style wheat beer. But $9. YIKES.



We ate the exact same thing (as last year, not each other). Abruzzese pizza for J. Ripieno Basilico for me. J's pizza was (again) delicious, but he was definitely eying my ripieno when the ricotta started oozing out of the delicious crust. In fact, he took that opportunity to scoop some cheese up for himself. Thanks a lot!

J's pizza



My stuffed pizza



For appetizer, we shared bruschetta with tomato fondutto--delicious grilled bread (bread!!! REAL BREAD!!!) with olive oil, garlic, then topped with delish tomato excitement. If you get the regular bruschetta, that refers only to the grilled bread rubbed with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.



It was so good that when our neighbors on the right were peeking over, I assured them that it was amazing and that they had to get it. They didn't. Fine!

We remembered this time that their homemade ice cream is divine, so we ordered both the strawberry w/chocolate chips ice cream AND the apple spice cake (which came with...drumroll...a side of vanilla). J unsurprisingly went nuts over the apple cake, and unfortunately I think strawberry w/chocolate chips is now my favorite-but-impossible-to-find flavor. So fun.




2 Amys
3715 Macomb Street NW
Metro: A hike from the Red Line to Cleveland Park, or drive.
2 Amys on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. I REALLLY want to take a bite of that stuffed pizza... it looks fit to burst in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read the NYT article about the bagel places that have to make more bagels after Passover? It mentioned that more people were breaking Passover with pizza these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see that article, but it doesn't surprise me that we're part of the herd :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo! You just need to ask the expert. You could have gone to Milwaukee Frozen Custard's Ashburn location yesterday!!
    http://milwaukeefrozencustard.com/aflavapr.htm
    For the record, come summertime, my location (Chantilly) will start having strawberry chocolate chip more often... we can have a playdate! (I'll get the chocolate custard and add some nuts to it, sorry) You can start stalking this: http://milwaukeefrozencustard.com/flav.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheryl, I am so in on that. Tomorrow looks amazing--blueberry cake batter?! This is like the non-Dairy Godmother Dairy Godmother, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love eating bread like that. I make homemade baguette and do that for breakfast on weekends. Reminds me of being in Spain.

    ReplyDelete