4.03.2009

Murky to Close and Move--New Clarendon Coffee on the Way!

Update: New coffee shop will be Bayou Bakery.

You know I wasn't the biggest fan anyway. But Murky Coffee is moving to DC under a new name, and the folks at Liberty Tavern are going to renovate the old space (which is apparently not ADA accessible because of the upstairs, hence the closed upstairs space...) and keep it as a coffee shop. I doubt it will be open in time for my last set of finals, but no matter what, I look forward to the new addition to the neighborhood (so long as it doesn't AT ALL resemble Murky even a TINY bit, besides the whole selling-coffee thing).

You aren't reading the article wrong. Murky requests our sensitivity to Murky people's feelings during the transition. Was anyone going to go in there and say BOO YAH! I GONNA ICE MY ESPRESSO ALL OVER THIS SPACE! (I guess somebody might do that. Tsk. Let's all be nice. That incident was so last summer.)

New Coffee Place
Coming soon to 3211 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA
Metro: Orange Line to Clarendon

3 comments:

  1. so glad that place is gone. they made great coffee the few times i've been there, but their crappy environment and "too cool" attitude turned me off so much

    -ds

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bayou Bakery is moving into Murky's old location. I am looking forward to some beignets.

    http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/stories/2009/03/30/daily107.html?ana=from_rss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Gator (re the beignets). That is the link from my update under the title.

    Mmmm leavened items...

    ReplyDelete