4.14.2009

First "Real" Seder

I say real because when I "hosted" two years ago, my mom brought most of the food already-made. We had a lovely, beautiful, delicious, enlightening seder.

(And to catch you up if you are lost: It's currently Passover, an 8-day holiday where Jews remember being led out of slavery in Egypt by Moses by taking part in two seder nights and foregoing leavened items for the whole holiday. I don't miss the bread much, but I am already dreaming about the beer I'll have when the holiday is over later this week.)



Menu [with links to recipes where available]:

Both Sephardic (dates/figs/honey/apples) and Ashkenazi charoset
Salad
Matzah ball soup (Dad made unbelievable soup, and J made the fluffy matzah balls)
Brisket (that thing cooked for 5 hours)
Salmon
Tzimmes soufflee
Farfel raisin cookies (Splenda and regular sugar)
Apple cake
Mandelbreit (Splenda w/dark chocolate chips and regular sugar)
Macaroons (original and chocolate chip)
Fruit and chocolate tarte
Pistachio cookies
Raspberries and strawberries


The Brisket (and tzimmes soufflee). With a Capital B.



Apple cake, pistachio cookies, store-bought chocolate covered macaroons and matzah



J's macaroons. Delightful!





My frog. He's a "plague" and he's chilling on my wine glass.

5 comments:

  1. Looks positively scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent the Obamas my Bubbe's special Passover macaroon recipe:

    1. Open can.
    2. Serve.
    3. Eat.

    See

    http://notionscapital.wordpress.com/2009/04/09/moses-and-macaroons/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, but they are *delicious* homemade!!! Warm and toasty from the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Foot, I will make anything on there for you and the ladies at a potluck HH!!!!! But SS has to bring chocolate dessert. She crazy.

    ReplyDelete