4.09.2010

The What Ever Happened To Spring Friday



I know what happened to spring--summer bullied it into disappearing for a week,  but now it's back for a few days.  Phew!

This morning droolfest is brought to you by 2 Amys, the post-Passover edition.  That's a pizza special with sausage, roasted artichoke, and fontina; burrata di bufala (mozzarella and cream, need I say more?); polpettine al forno aka MEATBALLS.

On to my endorsements:

Food truck list, complete with Twitter links.  Be sure to check it out for other cities if you're going to be traveling!

Northside Social is open in Clarendon---a coffee shop, wine bar, cafe, from the Lib Tav folks.  I try not to be a huge grammar snob, but I enjoy a good laugh.  Murky Coffee is it's *fancy* name. Hopefully NS won't endure the same kind of mad dramz.

We can't see him, but we can hear him!  Tom Sietsema, food critic from the Washington Post, on the Kojo Nnamdi show to talk about kids in restaurants---good or bad idea?  Discuss.  Will Artley, exec chef from Evening Star, is also on the show.  YUM!

The New York Times is onto us---People Who Photograph Food And Display The Pictures Online. I don't put up a photo of everything I eat (it would be redundant, boring, and would take up entirely too much of my time), but it turns out some people do. They use it as a check on their diet, they feel accountable to The World.  Whatever works for you!

Sometimes on Twitter people talk about the funny searches that bring people to their blogs.  I'm going to give you a few of my favorites from this week:

is injera kosher for passover:  Hah!  I mentioned both injera and Passover last week.  The answer is probably no. 

why was free cone day 2010 early this year:  Why wasn't it closer to mid-April and Earth Day, it's traditional time?  I know why.  Because instead it was on my birthday.  Have a scoop, on me.

fro yo:   I just like that somebody was looking for some info on the relatively recent craze and ended up here.  WELCOME, FRIENDS!

how much fat is in a java green cookie sandwich:  I see lots of this, but usually for Ray's Hellburger, as in "how many calories are in a rays hellburger," and the answer is you don't want to know.  Seriously, who wants to know?  I'm all about checking nutrition facts online (in fact, that's how I decided to get a triple thick chocolate shake instead of a McFlurry the other day), but for a place like Ray's?  I just enjoy...in moderation.

That's it!  Have a great weekend, I know there's plenty to do.  Apologies to your bellies for making them growl so early; stop glaring at your turkey sandwich, it has feelings too.

1 comment:

  1. That cheese looks AMAZING! I can't wait to go to 2 Amys with you!

    See you for dinner tonight :)

    ReplyDelete