1.26.2009

News!


J says "You got a scoop!" I say, I read a sign on the front of a building.

Either way, it looks like Le Pain Quotidien, the Belgian bistro that popped up in Georgetown in 2007, is spreading into the Commonwealth. You may or may not remember that I wasn't particularly smitten with it on my first visit. Located at 2900 Clarendon Boulevard above the Gold's Gym in a space that had been empty foooreeeeveeeeer, LPQ will be a welcome addition to the Clarendon neighborhood. Yes, the sandwiches were small and weird and maybe even overpriced, but the bread was DELICIOUS. It would be nice to know that I can swing by a neighborhood spot to pick up a quality bread or even a pastry! The Whole Foods bakery is so hit or miss (the babka shouldn't even be allowed to bear the name "babka" it's such an embarrassment, and don't get me started on the DISGUSTING pumpkin pie we bought in December) that we're aching for some quality over here.

Maybe it'll come. I'll certainly let you know.

Le Pain Quotidien

Coming soon to 2900 Clarendon Blvd
Metro: Orange Line to Clarendon

2 comments:

  1. Again, I couldn't agree more...Clarendon so desperately needs a bakery:

    http://dclovesfood.blogspot.com/2009/01/coming-soon-to-clarendon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeee neeeeed foooood. All the empty spaces are killing me! And everything they just tore down (former Clare & Don's, etc)? What's going THERE? So many questions.

    ReplyDelete