Man v. Food episode in Washington, where crazypants Adam will try to eat way too much way too fast (Travel Channel, 10pm).
But that just REMINDED me that I wanted to tell you (yes you!) that in December Man v. Food will be going where Guy Fieri has never been (much to my dismay), but where every good, scarlet-blooded American has felt outrageously full at 3am.
Obviously I'm talking about the Grease Trucks at Rutgers University. We all have our Trucks stories, a few summarized below.
1. Overnighting a Truck sandwich to a friend/boyfriend for birthday/just to say hi
2. Wee hours post-party sandwich
3. The time you thought you wanted a second sandwich
4. Post-rehearsal dinner snack with out-of-town guests
5. Pre-8:10 class on Voorhees Mall breakfast of egg & cheese on a bagel and a $1 (delicious) hot chocolate.
Do you have a good Trucks story? Leave it in the comments.
Confused? Click the links, read up. Basically, at the Trucks you can get a sandwich with your sides on it. So you're not sure if you want mozzarella sticks, fries, or chicken fingers. Why not put them all on a bun? No really, why not? There's no good reason why not. As they say in the parking lot where the trucks permanently reside: Just do it.
-That sandwich I mentioned is the Fat Darrell, and it was voted Best Sandwich by Maxim magazine. Wonder if the Travel Channel is gonna tell you THAT!
-You can read about them on "This Is Why You're Fat."
- Vegetarians are welcome (a falafel sandwich is available).
- I know Barry of the Fat Barry.
- This one time, there was drama.
Parking lot across from Voorhees Mall, corner of Hamilton & College Ave
New Brunswick, NJ
Image is probably the copyrighted R of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey