9.25.2009

Two Items of Interest


If you live in the DC Area: You can buy tickets to see one of your favorite Food Network stars this November doing a demo, or maybe go to their book signing. I'm still on the fence, but I'd looooove to see Paula Deen. It's tough, because I definitely make more Giada recipes, but I just want to give Paula a big hug like she's my grandma. I reaaaally want to go to her restaurant in Savannah. <3 No one even sent me an e-mail asking me to advertise this (and I ignore them all anyway!) so it's just a PSA for those of you who live on FoodTV/HGTV like me. This photo of Paula is from the event web site!

If you live in the NJ/NY area: Discounts in New Brunswick for Friday Night Date Night offer a STEAL at some area restaurants, including the fancy-shmancy deliciousness that is The Frog and the Peach. I probably can't get from DC to central Jerz fast enough on a Friday afternoon to enjoy this, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. Mmmmm, cheap(er) food...

Coming soon, blogwise: Ridiculously amazing brunch dish at Poste, revisiting Beck, first look at Kora (from Chef Morou of Farrah Olivia), and Eamonn's.

4 comments:

  1. That Frog and the Peach deal would have been really convenient like 2 months ago!

    I <3 Paula Deen and will go to Savannah with you to go to her restaurant. I also love Savannah, so it's an easy call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem is, I love Giada so so so much that I'd likely embarrass myself in front of her. I almost went last year, but there was a miscommunication and my mom didn't end up getting me tickets for my birthday. *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula's restaurant in Savannah is totally worth the trip (and the city is nice too!) If you can go during the week do it otherwise you will face a line that wraps around the block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm cool with the wait-on-line-at-10am-for-7pm-dinner-reservation thing. So long as the reward is somethin' full of butter.

    ReplyDelete