9.02.2009

NYC: Burgers & Pizza

I spent a little too much time in NY this summer. As you may recall, it wasn't entirely by choice. The upside is, I got to eat there. And plenty. Here's a small sampling, to be supplemented at a later date when I FINALLY remember to add the pictures from Sip Sak--one of my favorite NYC meals. Not sure if it was the company (what up L!) or my intense love for Turkish food--prob a combination of the two.

Moving on! Ray's Hellburger is the only place worth eating a burger, with very few exceptions. It's the juiciest, most flavorful burger I've ever had in my life, and by it I mean the many that I have consumed since July 2008 (wow, has the year gone by that fast?). But if you're out of town, Rare in NYC is super fun and has a perfectly acceptable burger. And there are TWO! One on Lexington & 37thish and one on Bleecker, sooo you know that if you go to the one on Bleecker you should probably go to 16 Handles afterward.





Something Ray's does NOT have (which is fine with me, because I like the simplicity of the menu) that makes Rare shine are the frickles. Yes. Frickles. [Fried pickles.] Yummy hot crunchy coating with cool crunchy pickles inside--I couldn't get enough. Also, SWEET POTATO FRIES (sweet & salty, favorite combo)!!

So go! Drink beer! Eat Frickles! Enjoy!




Obviously you need to eat pizza in NY--it can even be after you have dinner at Rare, but you should wait about 4 hours or so. No worries, Delizia is open LATE! Delizia is a place we always return to, and that would be even MORE the case if we actually lived in NY. Before we hit the Turnpike home? Pizza at Delizia. After day 1 of the bar exam, when you're feeling super defeated and confused? Eggplant parm at Delizia. It's a cure to all pangs of hunger!



Pepperoni "Pinwheel," one of L's favorites.



Delizia
1374 1st ave, ny, ny
Rare Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon
Delizia Pizzeria & Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Just looked at your profile. You're not a law student, anymore, ESQUIRE!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete